Welcome, we are glad you are here!
The career world is never easy to navigate.
Employees are looking for ways to develop their skillset and grow, and sometimes volunteering with your local STC chapter can offer you a similar leadership experience, and quicker to expand your portfolio.
If you are feeling the nudge to lead others, the STC local chapter can provide a safe environment for you to spread your wings.
A group of seasoned professionals will guide you on the journey through a skills assessment to determine your key strengths. Then you will be placed in a volunteer position to help you grow and prepare you for succession in a leadership role.
Key Leadership Roles
Leadership roles for the chapter are many but the key ones are in the areas of treasurer, secretary, first vice president, second vice president, and president. We also have directors roles on our administrative board.
Advance Your Leadership Skills
We at the North Texas Lone Star Chapter (NTLSC) would like to help you succeed in your leadership aspirations for your career. You can advance your leadership skills through our leadership mentoring program by:
- Learning how to Present
- Improving your Public speaking skills
- Leading with a Project
- Leading a Group of Volunteers
- Managing Chapter Funds
- Chairing an Event
And much more…
Our Leadership Development Program:
This program is unique in that it helps volunteers prepare for leadership by honing their leadership skills set to allow for succession planning and continuous service in leadership roles within our local chapter.
Our chapter will offer:
- Training and learning opportunities about how to lead a non-profit organization (via Zoom webinars)
- Opportunity to shadow more seasoned leaders on projects
- Online networking and professional coaching
- Through alliance and networking, mentees will also learn how to:
- Establish themselves as thought leaders in our industry
- Hone interpersonal communication skills for an improved experience
- How to volunteer for projects with STC National for increased visibility
Ready to Get Started?
Send an inquiry message to Mentoring_Leadership@STCDFW.org.