Why join the NTLS Chapter?
Your NTLSC membership provides several benefits. Technical Communicators often work in small teams, and by joining the NTLSC, you’ll grow your network in the field. We host events that are offered at a discount rate to members.
Benefits for Students
If you are a college or high school student interested in joining the NTLS Chapter, we have several great benefits:
- Gain real-world experience: Volunteering with the chapter can allow you to gain real-world experience in your field. This can be a great way to learn new skills, network with professionals, and build your resume.
- Develop professional skills: Volunteering and attending technical communication workshops can help you develop the skills you need to be successful in your career. This can include things like communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
- Network with North Texas Technical Communicators: Being involved in a professional organization can allow you to network with professionals in your field. This can be a great way to learn about job opportunities, get career advice, and make connections that can help you in your career. Join our Linkedin group.
- Get valuable Feedback via our Mentoring Program: (College Juniors and Seniors Preferred). Learn more here.
- Make a difference: Volunteering in a professional organization can allow you to make a difference in your community or the world. This can be a rewarding experience that can help you feel good about yourself and your work.
Learn more on the For Students and Aspiring Professionals Page.
Benefits for Professionals
If you are a Technical Communication professional who is interested in joining the NTLS Chapter, we have several great benefits:
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends: We and STC offer educational resources, such as webinars, conferences, and publications, to help you stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends in technical communication.
- Network with other Texan professionals: We provide great opportunities to network with other professionals in your field. This can be a great way to learn about new opportunities, find mentors, and build relationships to help you in your career.
- Advance your career: Professional organizations can help you advance your career by providing opportunities for professional development, such as training and certification programs. They can also help you connect with potential employers and make valuable connections to help you in your career.
- Give back to the profession: We also help you to give back to the profession by volunteering your time or expertise. This can be a rewarding experience that can help you stay connected to your field and make a difference in the lives of others in your local community.
Learn more on the For Professionals Page.
Benefits for Sponsors
Are you a company interested in sponsoring our chapter for events, scholarships, and materials? You can be associated with our brand at these events.
- Advertise your products directly to our audience of texas technical communicators.
- Feature your organization’s name, logo, and link in our newsletter, website, and at events depending on sponsor level.
- Allows the NTLS Chapter to provide more excellent services to our members
- Assists in covering the costs of monthly program meetings and events
Learn more on the Sponsors Page.
Benefits for Collaborators
Are you a member of another STC chapter or technical communication organization? Would you like to partner with us for a short-term event or a project?
- Work together to pull off a one-off event with combined resources and funds.
- Provide speakers or participants for our events from your organization.
Learn more on the Collaborate with Us Pages.
Benefits for Partners
Are you a representative of an STC chapter or technical communication organization? Would you like to partner with us on a long-term project?
Work together to run a series of events with combined resources and funds
- Share material items, services, and locations for meeting space with our chapter.
- Promote our chapter resources with your technical communicators
- Learn more on the Partner with Us Pages.
Learn more on the Partner with Us Page.