UX professionals are surprised that their careers can be tied directly back to technical writing. The UX industry is still relatively new, with many different “design” careers. In this workshop, Brian Sullivan will talk about his journey from training development and technical writing into UX.
Like any personal story, it is filled with lessons learned, funny moments, choices, mentors, and more.
What You Will Learn
In this talk, you will learn about:
- How to use technical writing skills in UX design.
- Opportunities to transition into UX design right away.
- Trends where technical writing will be more important in UX design.
- How to use technical writing in specific roles.
- Answer your burning questions from Brian.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in becoming a UX designer, from a practicing technical writer to a new graduate.