This challenge is designed to help you stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in technical communication. You can select a variety of books and articles that cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Writing clear and concise technical documentation
- Designing effective user interfaces
- Creating engaging training materials
- Managing complex projects
However, you likely entered the field of technical communication because you enjoy reading and writing. You must read at least two books that are not about technical communication or professional development. These include:
How to Participate
- To participate in the challenge, simply choose 5 books you want to read or listen to.
- Once you have completed your list, add the five things you learned from each book.
- Complete the form here: https://forms.gle/eRyCe17Ybb3X9tm97.
- Share your progress with us on social media using the hashtag #NTLSCFallReadingChallenge. We will track your progress and cheer you on along the way.
- The book must have at least 100 pages or 10 hours (for audio books).
- Two books must be about technical communication topics, such as writing, training, designing, or coding.
- Two books cannot be about technical communication or professional development.
- You cannot have finished these books before the start of the contest. You can get new books/audiobooks online from your local library.
- You must be an STC member, a Technical Communication Professional, or a student studying technical communication to participate.
- You must complete the form and the books by November 18th, at midnight.
At the end of the challenge, we will give a $25 Amazon, Barnes & Nobles or Starbucks gift card to anyone who complete the challenge.
Get tickets here!