One of the most popular tools in your usability practice is to inspect sites and apps.
About this event
In this workshop, we will review several different inspection approaches to looking at sites and apps with other workshop participants. It will be a fun, interactive workshop with hands-on activities with real sites and apps.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of inspection methods for web, mobile, social, and gaming
- A review of various sources to get more information to support your findings
- An exploration of new approaches to increase the value of what you learn
- Ways to report your findings more effectively to others
- Time to practice what you have learned on sites, apps, and games
- Networking time with fellow attendees (meet a friend/client/new employer)
- Loads of time to answer your burning questions about UX inspections
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved in designing a website or app, which includes designers, developers, marketers, writers, editors, project managers, start-ups, and VPs can all benefit from this workshop. Whether you have already done (or intend to do) UX inspections or usability testing, this workshop will be very valuable.
Experienced professionals will get a great UX tune-up in this workshop. You will learn about different ways to conduct inspections based upon the latest trends and research. For newbies, this workshop provides a great foundation for performing UX inspections.
Meet the Speaker
Brian Sullivan is a Director of User Research, Accessibility, and Design Strategy at Sabre. He is an Amazon bestselling author with two published books. Brian organizes the Big Design Conference.
Brian has been involved in the IT industry for over 20 years. Brian has held numerous positions including Content Management, Training Development, QA, Customer Support, and Usability. Brian has worked in the retail, banking, medical, financial, and travel industries. Brian holds an MA in English Literature, MBA in Management Information Systems, and CUA from Human Factors International.
Plus, he teaches on user research, product design thinking, digital accessibility, service design, and usability testing at SMU and UNT. Brian has traveled around the globe speaking at industry events. He is a native Texan (born in Dallas). He is native Texan and lives in Dallas with wife, son, and cat (who lets them live in her house).