This event has been cancelled and may be rescheduled in the future.
As technical writers, we impart information to our users with straightforward descriptions and procedures. A proposal writer must also impart information; however, the information must also persuade the reader to purchase a product or service. This workshop will help you develop proposal writing skills, giving you more opportunities in future job searches.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Create proposal content that appeals to readers of multiple levels of expertise and interest
- Create effective visuals from proposal text wherever possible
- Identify and implement a customer focus
- Use a strategic writing process to create proposal content
- Use a standard rubric to evaluate, revise, and independently improve proposal content
About the Presenter:
Diane Borgwardt began her professional writing career after graduating with a B.S. in Mathematics (and deciding that she wasn’t a fan of math anymore). She worked as a technical writer in the software industry at CA Technologies for 11 years. While at CA, she earned her M.S. in Technical Communication and Information Design. Diane then transitioned to proposal writing and has worked for several education companies for 14 years.
Diane has been a member of STC since 1995. She’s “pretty much done it all” in STC – serving in several leadership positions while a member of the Eastern Iowa Chapter, leading the Marketing SIG, publishing book reviews, attending and presenting at conferences, entering and judging the STC International Publications Competition, and helping with the STC Body of Knowledge (BOK).