There are two tracks to our mentoring program – advisory, and leadership development.
Benefits to Students:
$20 rebate towards STC Student membership fee – participants must be student members of STC to join this program.
- 6 months access to MadCap FLARE content tool
- One-time free training to MadCap introductory class (online)
- Access to Lone Star STC monthly newsletter
- Access to all STC Lone Star events
- Opportunity to publish article about mentoring experience in chapter’s newsletter
The advisory mentoring to both students and new professionals offers mentoring without the requirement to volunteer for chapter work. Program details:
- Student applicant must be a member of STC Lone Star Chapter
- The chapter only provides rebate to student members
- The duration for mentoring is 16 weeks
- Participants must complete application
- Participants will be paired with a professional mentor
- Topics covered in this program will focus on career, resume, & portfolios
Leadership Development Program:
This program is unique in that it helps mentees or new professionals prepare for leadership by honing their leadership skills set to allow for succession planning and continuous service in leadership roles within our local chapter.
In addition to the Free benefits listed in the above section, our chapter will offer:
- Training and learning opportunities about how to lead a non-profit organization (via Zoom webinars)
- Opportunity to shadow more seasoned leaders on projects
- Online networking and professional coaching
Through alliance and networking, mentees will also learn how to:
- Establish themselves as thought leaders in our industry
- Hone interpersonal communication skills for improved experience
- Achieve STC National Fellow Awards (establish more credibility in the field)
*Please note, membership fee reimbursement only applies to members who are students.
For questions about our mentoring program, please visit our FAQ page.