The North Texas Lone Star Chapter Mentoring Program was re-established in 2020 during the pandemic. The goal is to help Technical Communication students and professionals grow in their careers and network and keep the legacy of the local chapter alive. Our mentoring program provides advisory and leadership mentoring for those interested in chapter leadership.
- Advisory Mentoring – Advisory mentoring offers career support to both students and professionals. Student applicants must be a member of the NTLSC Chapter, and Professional applicants must be a member of the STC.
- Leadership Mentoring – Leadership mentoring provides mentoring to mentees and professionals interested in honing their leadership skills set to enter succession planning for chapter leadership roles in our local chapter.
Click your interest to learn more about the mentoring options:
Mentoring is a great way to give back to the community and to help others learn and grow. It can be a very rewarding experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
Here are some of the reasons why you should give back as a mentor:
- To help others learn and grow: As a mentor, you can share your knowledge and experience with someone who is just starting out in their career or who is trying to make a change in their life. You can help them to develop their skills, to overcome challenges, and to achieve their goals.
- To make a difference in someone’s life: Mentors can profoundly impact someone’s life. You can help someone to find their passion, to develop their confidence, and to achieve their dreams. You can be a role model for someone and help them to see the possibilities in their life.
- To learn from others: Mentoring is a two-way street. As you share your knowledge and experience with your mentee, you will also learn from them. You will learn about their perspective, their experiences, and their dreams. This can help you to grow as a person and to become a better mentor.
- To connect with others: Mentoring can help you to connect with others who share your interests and passions. You will build relationships with your mentee, with other mentors, and with the organization you are mentoring through. These relationships can enrich your life and help you to grow as a person.
- To give back to the community: Mentoring is a great way to give back to the community and to make a difference in the lives of others. It is a rewarding experience that can benefit both the mentor and the mentee.
Our mentoring sessions start in the Spring (February through the first week in May) and Fall (August through November) each year.
If you would like to join our program as a mentor, please apply by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, click the link below:
Send your questions to: email@example.com.