Welcome, and we are glad you are here!
The career world is never easy to navigate.
Research shows that one-third of our lives are spent at work, that is 90,000 hours throughout a lifetime. And by the age of 30, most people will have had 7-8 jobs.
For professionals in the workplace, mentoring could have huge benefits.
71% of fortune 500 companies have official mentoring programs, reap the benefits of a strong culture, productive employees, employees retention, and a happy workplace environment.
But if you are a technical communicator or want to join the technical communication profession and happen to work for a company that doesn’t have a formal mentoring program, you can still achieve your mentoring goals by participating in the North Texas Lone Star Chapter (NTLSC) Mentoring Program.
The skills to manage your career journey are often ones that you learn on the journey. To help you succeed you need to partner with others who want to help you.
For whatever reason, if you are feeling the nudge to advance your learnings, or to seek out another job role, get a promotion, present your ideas for acceptance on a project, or get a much-needed raise, then a professional mentor may be able to provide the guidance you need.
We at the North Texas Lone Star Chapter (NTLSC) would like to help you to get your ducks in a row, so to speak. We want to help you connect the dots so that you can achieve your career goals.
Our Professional Mentoring Program
Advisory Mentoring Professionals:
- Applicant must be a member of STC Lone Star Chapter
- Applicants can attain more information about becoming a member on the Membership Page
- The duration for professional mentoring is 6 weeks
- Participants must complete a mentee application
- Participants will be paired with a professional mentor
- Topics covered in this program will focus on your career goals
Members will also enjoy these benefits:
- Access to Lone Star STC monthly newsletter
- Access to all STC Lone Star events
- Opportunity to publish an article about your experience as a mentee in the chapter’s newsletter
- Opportunity to participate in chapter’s testimonial videos
- Closing ceremony with Certificate of participation
Your Career Goal is Our Focus
Mentors are sharing from their deep experiences to provide you with next-level insights on career-related topics:
- Resume, LinkedIn Profile, building your network
- Using Self-awareness as a competitive advantage to build your portfolio and personal brand
- Setting Goals to present your case
- Finding a mentor at work
- User Experience field and Technical Communication
- Emerging Writing Opportunities in Business World
And much more…
Ready to Get Started?
Send an inquiry message to Mentoring_Leadership@STCDFW.org